ACT Midweek Series: Wanniassa Hills
- 8 July 2020
- Entry Deadline
- 7 July 2020 Enter Now
- Enter on the day
- Download iCal Calendar
- Organising Club
- Orienteering ACT
- Midweek Series Season Pass Registration
- Event Notes
The ACT mid-week series comprises low-key orienteering events held each Wednesday lunchtime mostly in Canberra Nature Parks. Everyone is welcome, just turn up, no requirement to book or notify anyone before the event.
Courses are about 3km and 5m in length of moderate navigation difficulty. During school holidays we will also have an easy navigation course. NOTE to Schools and groups: Please advise beforehand so we can ensure we have enough maps.
Start anytime between 12 noon and 1pm. You must return by 2pm.
ASSEMBLY: The assembly area is at the pedestrian underpass on Erindale Drive just north-east of Sulwood Drive. Access is via a track which leaves Sulwood Drive just north-west of the Erindale Drive roundabout. For safety reasons, please approach this access track by driving south-east along Sulwood Drive and turning left, and leave it by turning left towards the Erindale Drive roundabout. Do not make an illegal right-hand turn across the painted traffic island/double lines. If necessary, use the roundabouts at Gaunson Crescent and Erindale Drive to make U-turns on Sulwood Drive. Do not park along Erindale Drive.
COURSES: Moderate 1, Moderate 2, Moderate 3, Easy.
ENTRIES Three entry options are available:
1. Season Pass, available to members, provides a 50% discount to entry of every event in the series. Available via Eventor.
2. Pre-entry to individual events, via Eventor.
3. Enter on the day at the event, adults $10, juniors $7. Exact change cash only.
- Terms and conditions
- I have read and will abide by the rules set out in the OACT Return to Play Plan, available here: http://act.orienteering.asn.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/OACT-Return-to-Play-Plan-in-a-COVID-Safe-Environment-200531.pdf
- Driving Directions
- Using Apple Maps
Using Google Maps
- View event on Eventor (opens in a new tab)
- Risk Statement
- View Risk Statement
Event Contact Information