Dear Mountain Bike Orienteers, have you decided how to spend the last day of summer?
The first event of 2021 ACT MTB Orienteering Series will kick off on Sunday 28th February 2021, starting at 9am at Majura Pines, parking at MTB Majura park car park, off Majura Rd.
This will be the first formal event in Australia to use the SI-AIR 1.5m range punching system, which is the MTBO world-standard. Come along and experience the atmosphere and speed of a big MTBO event.
Cathy Hogg, a very experienced course setter, has created great courses for all levels!
Starts will be open from 9:00am until 10:30am, with the course closure at 1pm.
- Four courses will be provided: Long (about 12.2km, 60 min winning time); Middle (9.4 km; 50 min winning time), Short (6km, 40min winning time) and Novice (3km; 30min winning time).
- We will have coaches at the start, who will help and explain to beginners what to do and will equip beginners with the key tips.
- Entry fee is $15 and we encourage you to pre-enter. Entries close on Thursday 11:59pm here.
- Limited Entry on a day still will be available.
- Map Board Hire and SI-Air Hire will be available ($5/each).
Enjoy navigation at higher speed!
Your ACT MTBO Team