Five weeks of forest training wrapped up last week as a small squad of nine girls and their parents extended their bush navigation skills. Huge thanks to Bushflyer’s Caitlin Young keen for providing coaching assistance.
Topics covered included:
- (Social) O Distancing – knowing how far you’ve run
- Line features –man-made or natural always worth noticing
- Pits and mounds, Xs and Ys – check out detail
- Brain work – turning your mind to it with map memory
- Getting lost…….. and found.
- Regular weekly map jigsaw puzzle homework fun.
For girls interested in improving their bush and sprint navigational skills, targeting beginner to moderation standard, look out for new dates for Term 3 FOCUS on GIRLS.
For more information call Toni on 0411 969 001.