Blue Lightning - Activities for kids 12-18
ideal for beginners
Blue Lightning Information - Activities for kids 12-18
Blue Lightning Upcoming Events
Important new information for 2016 including upcoming training camps, events school selection trials and more will be loaded to the news page
Who are the Blue Lightning?
The Blue Lightning are the Development Squad for Junior orienteers in the ACT. Any ACT Secondary School student may join Blue Lightning. While the members predominantly range in age from 12 to 18 years old, older members often continue to participate as mentors, while younger orienteers from around age 10 and upwards are welcome to participate if they are transitioning to more difficult (orange) courses.
What does Blue Lightning do?
- Develop the skills and expertise of the Junior Orienteers in the ACT.
- Provide regular training opportunities, both for skills and fitness, at various venues around the ACT.
- Coordinate social outings for team building and communication.
- Organise an annual training camp.
- Run the very popular Blue Lightning Cake Stall at local ACT events.
- Raise funds and provide subsidies for juniors selected to represent the ACT at the Australian Schools Championships.
Blue Lightning - Prospective new members
If you are a junior interested in orienteering that is aged between 12 and 18 years, or younger and starting to run orange courses, then please contact us on the email below. Existing Blue Lightning members, please encourage eligible friends and acquaintances to consider joining the Blue Lightning too!
Blue Lightning contact information:
Send an email to BlueLightning.ACT@gmail.com or email@example.com