Event 3 - Oceania/Australian Relay
30 September 2019
Location: Lismore Road, Cootamundra
approx. 20km south of Cootamundra; 90km north of Wagga Wagga
Map: Winona, 1:15 000, 5m contours
Terrain: similar to day 2.
Travel directions and parking
As for day 2
Registration and start
Registration: will be open from 9.00 am
Note: The Oceania event is a WRE for MW21E but not MW20E – IOF athlete IDs must be provided as a ‘service’ on Eventor at the time of entering.
Enter on the day: There will be NO enter on the day courses available.
First starts: 10.00 am
Course format: Relay
Courses: Courses are being structured to achieve relay winning times based on 120 minutes for all 3 runners.
In accordance with Orienteering Australia rules for Oceania and Australian Championships events the following classes will be offered for teams of 3 at the Relay Championships:
Elite classes – Oceania Championships only
- Oceania Elite classes: MW21E, MW20E, MW18, MW16
Note: Australian National Relay Championships Elite classes MW21E, MW20E will be contested at a separate event during the year (Hill End, NSW – 30 March 2019)
Other classes – Oceania and Australian Championships
- A classes for State teams: MW35, MW45, MW55, MW65+
- A Short (AS) classes for State teams: MW21
- MW14 (Moderate degree of difficulty) MW12 (combined; Easy degree of difficulty)
- Mixed Age Relay: For any competitors, comprising legs of differing length and difficulty equivalent to easy, moderate and hard (e.g. M/W12A, M16A and M55).
Official entries in the Australian Relay Championships may only be made by an Orienteering Australia State Association, Orienteering New Zealand or another IOF affiliated organisation. All members of an official team in the Australian Relay Championships must be fully registered members of the same State Association, Orienteering New Zealand or another IOF affiliated organisation.