ACT Metro Series: Junior League #10 & Map Mates #3, Mt Taylor
- 31 July 2021
- Entry Deadline
- Pre entry closed
- Enter on the day
- Download iCal Calendar
- Organising Club
- Red Roos
Season Pass Registration
- Event Notes
COVID-19 EVENT ENTRY POLICY
Anyone entering an OACT event MUST comply with the current Covid-19 health advice in both their home state and the ACT, as at 24 hours prior to the event. Note that while travelling, it is your responsibility to maintain physical distancing and practice good hygiene. See also the OACT COVID-19 Policy: https://act.orienteering.asn.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/2021-05-30-OACT-Covid-19-Policy.pdf
Refunds of entry fees will be considered for anyone who is unable to attend the event due to Covid-19 restrictions. Information on travel to and from the ACT can be found here: https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/community/travel
The following entry options are available, pre-entry via the season pass or to individual events is strongly encouraged:
1. Newcomers who have not orienteered previously may try three events for free, no need to pre-register, just turn up and enter on the day at the event.
2. Season Pass, provides a 50% discount on individual event entry to all events in the series. Must be a paid club member and have your own SI stick. Season pass holders who wish to change their course/class can do so by visiting the season pass page prior to any event. Register via Eventor: https://eventor.orienteering.asn.au/Events/Show/15566
3. Pre-entry via Eventor. Member adults $10, member juniors $7, non-member adults $15, non-member juniors $10, plus $5 SI stick hire. Entries close 5pm 30 July.
4. Enter on the day at the event. Member adults $10, member juniors $7, non-member adults $15, non-member juniors $10, plus $5 SI stick hire. Payment via EFTPOS (preferred) or cash (please bring exact change).
South end of Waldock St, Chifley.
COURSES (length, climb):
Moderate 1 (4.8km, 270m), Moderate 2 (3.2km, 110m), Easy (2.3km, 65m), Very Easy (1.7km, 50m).
Between 10:30 and 12:00.
Courses close at 13:00. You MUST report to the finish by 13:00, whether you have finished your course or not.
Available online (https://liveresultat.orientering.se/?lang=en), or via the LiveOL app for iOS and Android.
This event includes Map Mates #3. The Map Mates coaching program is aimed at junior orienteers (ages 7 to 13) who are just starting or are relatively new to the sport). Entry to the winter 2021 Map Mates program is free. Free event entry is also available for Map Mates participants who do a Very Easy or Easy course at the Metro Series event on the same day. No registration required – just turn up on the day, starts at 10:30 at the event assembly area.
KEEP UP WITH THE KIDS:
This event includes Keep-Up #2. The Keep Up With the Kids coaching program is aimed at beginner adults, parents in particular, to learn orienteering so they can keep up with their kids! Entry to the winter 2021 Keep Up program is free. Free event entry is also available for Keep Up participants who do a course at the Metro Series event on the same day. No registration required – just turn up on the day. Each coaching session will start at 1015, to provide enough time for the session to be followed by participation at the event on the day.
- Terms and conditions
- I have read and will abide by the rules set out in the OACT COVID-19 Policy: https://act.orienteering.asn.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/2021-05-30-OACT-Covid-19-Policy.pdf --- I have read and understood the OACT Risk Statement: https://act.orienteering.asn.au/resources/event-management/risk-statement/
- Driving Directions
- Using Apple Maps
Using Google Maps
- View event on Eventor (opens in a new tab)
- Risk Statement
- View Risk Statement
Event Contact Information