At its first meeting for 2024 the OACT Board noted:
- Orienteering Australia (OA) has circulated a draft Participation plan – members felt that the circulated plan is quite high level and lacks clarity on intended actions and target groups. Related to that the president will make representations to OA to ensure we are not effectively contributing twice (eg through levies and OA direct funding) for initiatives such as development of MapRun.
- Locally papers have also been circulated on statistical analysis concerning orienteering participation. Possible ways forward are to be explored further at the workshop on 11 February.
- We are coming up to AGM time again. Some board members will be standing down so new members are encouraged to nominate. The executive officer will prepare an annual report for tabling, seeking contributions from relevant personnel as required.
- OACT has received stage 3 sports organisation categorisation approval. The grant round has now opened.
- New OACT shirts have been ordered
- Ann Sutton was awarded an OAM for her charitable works in the New Years Honours. Congratulations Ann!
- Nominations have been received for three OA awards. OACT award nominations remain open.
- Learn to Orienteer – a winter season is intended. For consistency Susanne is willing to convene the series again, but will put out a call for assistants
- Sprint series is progressing well even though permissions have been slow in coming through from some venues.
- Autumn SC-ORE 2024 – We have had to move to a new platform (Race Roster) as RegisterNow has closed down.
- New members who provide us with an email address are receiving the OACT Bulletin via MailChimp.
- Coach and manager positions for ASOC and Blue Lightning have been advertised. Appointments should be confirmed at the next meeting if not out of session earlier. A call will go out for nominations for selection committee membership.
- Bunnings BBQ (17 Feb in Belconnen) – the Bulletin on 6 Feb will call for a few extra volunteers
- Edith Gray is organising billets for the coach-in-residence, Kriszta, who is due to arrive on 23 Feb. Alison and Peter are organising mentoring arrangements and a welcome pack.
- David Stocks will convene a formal mapping sub-committee with a view to developing a proposal for mapping initiatives for the next three years.
Next meeting 18 March 2024