The ACT Mountain Bike Orienteering team is testing an exciting new format for the second MTBO Series event of 2023, to be held at Bruce Ridge on Sunday 28 May.
This event will be different – the Rogaine format means you can choose your own adventure, with both the controls and the route completely up to you, and you can even do it with a friend!
The controls scattered around the Bruce Ridge area will have different point values, so it is up to you to select which ones to get, locate them, and then get back within the allocated time (30 minutes, one hour, or two hours).
The Rogaine designer is Michael Reed, one of the most experienced Rogainers and MTBers in ACT.
Michael is asking: Will anyone be able to collect all the checkpoints?!
- Assembly area: Bruce Ridge, the end of Kunzea Street, parking area adjacent to Alivio Tourist Park.
- Start Times: mass start at 10:00am Pre-Start Briefing: 9:55am
- Course closure: 12:00pm
- Map: Bruce Ridge 1:10,000 5m contours Map size: A3
- Courses: 2h MTBO Rogaine, 1h MTBO Rogaine, and 30min MTBO Rogaine for beginners and newcomers will be provided.
- Course Setter: Michael Reed
- Event organizer: Marina and Fedor Iskhakov