The fantastic Focus on Girls program will return for four Friday sessions in May. This instruction is female only (minimum age 10 years) and will prepare women and girls for bush navigation.
- Friday 6 May, Kellaway Street, Hackett
- Friday 13 May, South end Hayley Street, Ainslie
- Friday 20 May, The National Arboretum
- Friday 27 May, Review/Wrap-up session, Mt Ainslie Drive, Campbell
Sessions will be modified to meet the different needs and skill levels of participants, and to make sure everyone has fun!
Here is how it will work:
- The beginners’ session will start at 3.45pm and will go for an hour to 4.45pm.
- More experienced arrive from 4.15pm. Session will finish on dusk, around 5.30pm.
For the more experienced, your activities and instructions will be there waiting for you! They will be adjusted week by week. There will be a focus on skills and drills rather than running a course. You can start in your own time or work together with the group instructions.
What to Bring:
- A drink bottle, warm clothes, and smile to share!
- If you are at primary school you will need to bring a responsible adult, willing to share the fun. The responsible adult must stay.
- Cost (For 4 weeks of instruction):
- $20 Members (individual or family) (+ small booking fee charged by Register Now)
- $40 Non-member (individual or family) (+ small booking fee charged by Register Now)
- (Sorry no refunds if you change your mind. No reductions if you come to fewer than 4 sessions. We are all volunteers, and our time is given for the love of it).
If you are already orienteering at regular Orienteering ACT events, these sessions will give you the chance to meet and orienteer with women and girls who also love to run wild!