Although regular orienteering is on hold for the foreseeable future, there are still numerous activities that will allow you to enjoy orienteering and maintain your skills from the comfort of your own home:
- Scottish Orienteering are publishing new Puzzles and Challenges every day.
- New route choice challenges are published every day at World of O.
- World of O also has a comprehensive list of other alternative orienteering activities.
- Brush up on your technique by visiting the OACT skills page.
- Route Choice Game is a simple browser based game where you can practise sprint route choice.
- Running Wild is a game that challenges you to plan your route around a course while under time pressure.
- Catching features is a 3D computer game/simulator. It is available at a discounted price for entrants to the 2020 Catching Features World Cup.
- Virtual-O is another 3D computer game/simulator with modern graphics (and corresponding hardware requirements).
- Virtual Trail-O tests your detailed map reading skills with numerous real life trail-orienteering competitions.that can be solved online.