Not long to go now until the start of Oceania 2019 in Wagga Wagga!
This is a reminder to everyone entered in/coming along to the Oceania Sprint at Charles Sturt University (CSU) on day 1 about:
There are two options for registering:
- pre-event registration will be open on Friday 27 September from 3.00 – 7.00pm. Please come to St John’s Anglican Church Hall, Church Street, Wagga Wagga to collect your welcome pack, chest bib and free goodies* – see map in Bulletin 2^ for details
- registration on the day will be open at CSU from 10am – look for the rego tent near the car park
With nearly 1000 starters around the place, please make sure you leave time to find a park, register if you have not already done so, collect/put on your chest bib and make your way to the start near the arena, 360m from the car park area.
- as indicated in Bulletin 2, first starts for non-elites at the Sprint commence at 12 noon, with starts for elites commencing at 1.00pm
- all competitors in M21E M20E M18 W21E W20E W18 will be required to enter the quarantine area located next to the parking area by 12.15pm
- start lists are now available on Eventor – now is the time to check the list for your start, and to let us know if your SI details are not correct
A couple of other things to note
The weather forecast is looking perfect for orienteering – 24°C and partly cloudy, but remember the nights can still be cool in the Riverina, so pack an extra layer.
* We will be giving a free water bottle to every entrant on registration. While there’s plenty of access to water at CSU, please get into the habit of bringing a full bottle to each event after that.
^ We will not be providing hard copies of Bulletin 2 or Bulletin 3 or start lists, but every entrant will receive ‘Oceania-on-a-page’ – a single A3 sheet listing directions, arena layout and course/class lists for every event.
Thanks to so many people for putting in a huge amount of work behind the scenes. It’s sure to be fun on the A41…