In early July Orienteering ACT was encouraged, at short notice, to submit two nominations for the 2019 Canberra Milk People’s Sporting Champion Award. The nominations could be a representative of our sport whom we considered had achieved any number of the following:
- Outstanding sporting results during the year;
- Provided inspiration to the voter;
- Given back to the ACT community beyond the confines of their sport;
- Contributed to the promotion and development of their sport;
- Demonstrates positive achievements in other areas of their life.
Tara Melhuish and Tate Needham were nominated as two people who contributed to Orienteering ACT across a number of the criteria. The nominations were accepted and you may now consider voting for them by clicking on their image below. Only one vote per IP address is allowed per day and voting closes Friday 30 August 2019. Vote now and then vote daily for one of them to ensure they receive a high number of votes. This might be one of the few times you can vote early and vote often.