Around 40 Red Roos celebrated a successful year of Orienteering at their Annual Gathering of Members at Edison Park on Sunday 16 December. They enjoyed a barbeque of meat and vegie burgers provided by the Club.
The more energetic ones, especially the young ones, made good use of the three permanent courses at Edison Park. The maps are available here. The ‘official’ business included the filling of official positions and the annual awards to the most improved for the year and a couple for lesser achievements.
The office holders for 2019 are:
- Head Roo: Stephen Goggs (continuing)
- Events: Kathie Dent (vice Kerryne Jones)
- Finances: John Sutton (new position)
- Memberships: Bob Mouatt (new position)
- OACT Council Delegates: Bill Jones, Stephen Goggs. [Alternative: Aaron Kooymans
- Quarterly Roos News: Vacant. [We forgot to fill this position, so we are seeking a volunteer]
Award recipients for 2018 (pictured below) were:
- Improover of the Year: Elye Dent
- Slow and Steady: Presented by 2017 recipient Michael Tedeschi to Edwina Mulhearn
- Grey Owl: Yet to be presented
Details the awards criteria may be found on the third page of the Red Roos Honour Roll. Elye Dent was the third member of the family to receive the Improover award in consecutive years.