Orienteering NSW will be hosting three controller workshops in June and July.
Controllers oversee the organisation and course planning of events to ensure their fairness, safety and adherence to established standards.
The workshops are aimed at orienteers who:
- are inexperienced at event organisation or course setting;
- wish to become an accredited controller;
- wish to learn more about event safety and search procedures (risk management).
Attendance at the workshop is a key requirement to becoming a Level 1 or Level 2 controller. You are also welcome if you are interested in aspects of event organising, risk management or course setting – without wishing to become accredited.
You can attend either of these:
- A workshop in the Hunter Valley (Kurri Kurri) from 9am to 5pm, Saturday 23 June.
- A workshop at Sydney Olympic Park from 9am to 5pm, Saturday 30 June.
- Doing the modules over 3 nights, either at Sydney Olympic Park, Chatswood or via Skype – the nights will be between 24 June and 14 July. Precise timing will depend on the preferences of those who wish to attend this way.
See the information flyer for full details. To register please contact Andrew Lumsden () or 9412 3545.