ACT Runners Shop Twilight Series #11: Aranda Bushlands
- 16 February 2022
- Entry Deadline
- Pre entry closed
- Enter on the day
- Available for a limited number of classes
- Download iCal Calendar
- Organising Club
- Parawanga Orienteers
- Season Pass Registration
- Event Notes
COVID-19 EVENT ENTRY POLICY
Anyone entering an OACT event MUST comply with the current Covid-19 health advice in both their home state and the ACT, as at 24 hours prior to the event. Note that while travelling, it is your responsibility to maintain physical distancing and practice good hygiene. See also the OACT Covid-19 Policy: https://act.orienteering.asn.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/2021-11-22-OACT-Covid-19-Policy.pdf
Refunds of entry fees will be considered for anyone who is unable to attend the event due to Covid-19 restrictions. Information on travel to and from the ACT can be found here: https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/travel
Enter on the day is available only to newcomers, all others pre-entry only - either by purchasing a season pass or entry to individual events via eventor. The following entry options are available:
1. Newcomers who have not orienteered previously may try three events for free, no need to pre-register, just turn up and enter on the day at the event.
2. The Season Pass provides excellent value, with all 13 Twilight Series events for only $70 (adults) or $49 (juniors). Must be a paid club member and have your own SI stick. Season pass holders who wish to change their course/class can do so by visiting the season pass page prior to any event. Register via Eventor: https://eventor.orienteering.asn.au/Events/Show/16445
3. Pre-entry to individual event via Eventor. Member adults $10, member juniors $7, non-member adults $15, non-member juniors $10, plus $5 SI stick hire. Entries close 5pm 15 February.
Car parking will be in Black Mountain Reserve Car Park signposted (brown sign) from William Hovell Drive eastbound.
If coming westbound along William Hovell Drive there is a U-Turn place which is also signposted for Black Mountain Reserve Car Park.
From northbound traffic on Tuggeranong Parkway take the exit to West Belconnen, just past the arboretum, and follow the brown signs to the car park. Please do not attempt to take the turning from the northbound Caswell Drive/GDE directly into the car park which is shown on Google Maps.
For southbound traffic on Caswell Drive go through the Glenloch interchange and exit for Lady Denman Drive and the arboretum, turn right under the Tuggeranong Parkway toward the arboretum and then right again to head towards west Belconnen in the left hand lane. Follow the brown signs to the car park.
Assembly area is adjacent to parking, inside the reserve. Please be aware of bikes on the bike path, as the path is a major commuting route out of civic at the time of the event.
There is a 600m walk from the assembly area to the start for all courses.
COURSES (length, climb):
Moderate 1 (4.7km, 135m), Moderate 2 (3.3km, 90m), Easy (2.7km, 60m), Very Easy (1.8km, 30m).
Map scale 1:5,000, contour interval 2.5m
Canberra Nature Park has given special permission for this event on the understanding that participants do not enter CNP protection zones (shown as OOB on the map), unless traversing them on a mapped track. Do not enter the mapped OOB areas.
Between 17:00 and 18:30.
There is a 600m walk to the start for all courses.
Courses close at 19:30. You MUST report to the finish by 19:30, whether you have finished your course or not.
Available online (https://liveresultat.orientering.se/?lang=en), or via the LiveOL app for iOS and Android.
- Terms and conditions
- I accept the General Risk Warning and Risk Waiver: https://act.orienteering.asn.au/resources/event-management/risk-statement/ --- I have read and will abide by the rules set out in the OACT COVID-19 Policy: https://act.orienteering.asn.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/2021-11-22-OACT-Covid-19-Policy.pdf
- Driving Directions
- Using Apple Maps
Using Google Maps
- View event on Eventor (opens in a new tab)
- Risk Statement
- View Risk Statement
Event Contact Information