Two junior coaching programs will be on offer at the upcoming Twilight Series. There will be a series of ten Map Mates sessions for primary school beginners, and a series of four specific training session for girls who are moving up to the moderate level.
Map Mates Junior Coaching
In primary school, or even younger, and want to know more about orienteering?
A series of Map Mates junior coaching sessions will be held at each of the first ten Twilight Series events.
Meet at 5:10pm each week at the “Blue Sparks” banner, there will be 15 mins of orienteering skills training to get you ready to head out and attack the course.
No need to sign up, just enter the event (or get a season pass) and turn up ready to be a wild runner!
Twilight Training for Girls
This training is for girls in upper primary school/lower high school (ages 11-14) and will provide girls with the understanding, knowledge, and technical skills to orienteer at the moderate level of difficultly.
It is specifically designed for:
- Girls who are feeling confident when participating in ‘Easy’ level events and are interested in having a go at the ‘Moderate’ level.
- Girls who have recently started moderate level orienteering and would like to further their orienteering skills/techniques for this level of navigation.
Sessions will be held from 4:15pm to 4:50pm at four Twilight Series events. After each session, participants can then complete their selected course at the Twilight Series event. After completing their course participants will be encouraged to regroup to talk through their course with other girls and their parents.
Sessions will be held at each of the following Twilight Series events:
- Wednesday 28 October, Stromlo West
- Wednesday 4 November, Mt Ainslie North
- Wednesday 11 November, The Pinnacle
- Wednesday 18 November, Mt Majura West
- Attendees are expected to have entered the Twilight Series events by becoming a member of Orienteering ACT and purchasing a Twilight Series season pass.
- Each attendee must also register online for the training instruction. Cost is $10 (+booking fee), covering the four weeks of instruction.
- For more information call 0411 968 001 or email .