Red Roos New Orienteering Gear
Thursday, 8 November 2012
After checking out the products from a few different companies, getting some advice from long standing Roos, we have come up with a new Orienteering suit which we hope you all like! - see here. They are manufactured by Trimtex, and we have opted for the 'extreme laser' style.
Here is a bit of a blurb about them taken directly from their website;
* Technical orienteering shirt with great unisex or women’s fit and excellent comfort
* This is the most popular orienteering shirt on the market
* Optimal combination of fabrics ensures a perfect fit, great wear resistance and excellent moisture management
* Short zipper in front
* Laser design
* Constructed from: Coolmax eyelet, O-polyester, O-polyester mesh
If you would like more info - visit their website http://www.trimtex.no/en-catalog-view-5-205-0
For those Red Roos who haven't been around for a long time in the Orienteering circles a short history of previous Orienteering gear.
The Red Roos have had a variety of colours starting with Black and Red (don’t know why; it happened in GBR early 1980s), Brown and Red (mid 1980s), Grey, white and Red (early 1990s), Yellow, white and Red (late 1990s), and Yellow and Red (2000s), so by going butt to Black and Red, we have gone the full circle.
Now for the nitty gritty details:
* Mens (Unisex) O Top, short sleeves: $45
* Womens O Top, short sleeves : $45
* Short O pants: $35
* Basic O Socks: $20
* long sleeve tops and long pants are available, however we need a minimum of 5 of each style to begin production on that
* email Allison Jones if this is you
* 8-10 weeks after we order them. I hope we can order them during the next month.
* guide is shown here, and also on web at http://www.trimtex.no/en-20
* there are kids and men’s sizes (included in unisex products size guide) and women’s sizes (in a women’s size guide).
* apparently the new style is a bit of a tighter fit over the shoulders than the older styles.....please take into consideration for those who are a bit buff
* socks come in 34-36, 36-40, and 41-45.
* please email Allison Jones or ask her at one of the summer series events
* if you know of some Red Roos who are not on the email list - please spread the word and tell them to get in contact with Allison Jonesif they are interested in getting a new Orienteering suit
HOW TO ORDER
Email Allison Jones these details for each person
Unisex O top (kids and mens): (quantity and size)
Women’s O top: (quantity and size)
O pants: (quantity and size)
Black O socks: (quantity and size)
(payment required when gear arrive)