Due to a technical issue the normal event information and eventor pages are temporarily unavailable, the details of this Weekend’s Classic Series event at Orchard Road are instead available below.
COVID-19 Event Entry Policy
Anyone entering an OACT event MUST comply with the current Covid-19 health advice in both their home state and the ACT, as at 24 hours prior to the event. Note that while travelling, it is your responsibility to maintain physical distancing and practice good hygiene. See also the OACT Covid-19 Return to Play Plan.
Refunds of entry fees will be considered for anyone who is unable to attend the event due to Covid-19 restrictions. Information on travel to and from the ACT can be found here.
Orchard Road, A4, 1:10,000, 5m contours.
Entries have now closed, no further late entries will be accepted. Enter on the day is not available.
|HARD 1||HARD 2||HARD 3||HARD 4||HARD 5||MOD 1||MOD 2||EASY||V EASY|
Course Setter’s Notes
- Vegetation: mix of native forest, plantation pine and a broad open valley area.
- Terrain: relatively flat in W, steeper section in NE mostly impacting the Hard 1 and 2 courses.
- Erosion gullies: most Hard courses will visit an area of erosion gullies that follow a creek line.
- Mountain bike tracks: numerous throughout, some mapped, some not mapped, unreliable for navigation (even mapped ones!). Very Easy course follows a taped mountain bike track for about 300 m.
- Runnability: very good through the native forest and open areas, slower through the pines.
- Fence crossings: most courses cross the closed off section of the old Sparrow Hill Road. The boundary fence is generally crossable but easiest at two places where trees have fallen across the fence. These are marked on the map as (non-mandatory) crossing points and are easy to see when approaching the fence.
- From the Kings Highway / Yass Road roundabout in Queanbeyan, travel E along the Kings Highway for 9 km and turn left into Sparrow Hill Road.
- Proceed to the end of the road and park along N (LHS) side of the road.
- Avoid parking on S side of the road in the mountain bikers’ carpark.
About 50m through the gate at the end of Sparrow Hill Road.
None provided at Assembly area. There is a toilet 500 m along the fire trail S from the mountain bikers’ carpark. Public toilets are available in Queanbeyan and Bungendore.
- The Start is approximately 50 m from the Assembly area.
- Queuing starts are from 10.00 am – 12.00 pm.
- Clear, Check, SI Battery Test will be at the Start.
- Competitors should maintain physical distancing at all times, especially in Start area.
- Control descriptions will be available at the Start near the Clear and Check units.
- Maps for Hard and Moderate courses are to be picked up after punching the Start unit
- Maps for Easy and Very Easy courses can be picked up before punching the Start unit.
- SI Air will be enabled.
- It is the competitor’s responsibility to ensure that each control visited is recorded. Ensure that you have an audible or visual response from each SI unit. Failure to do this will result in a mispunch.
- Download is at the Assembly area.
- All competitors must report to the Download even if unable to complete their course.
- All courses close at 2:00 pm.
- Please report to the Download area by this time.
- None provided on the course or at the Finish or Assembly area.
- Competitors are responsible for providing their own hydration.